How to Change Your Address in an Indian Bank Account, Change Your Address in an Indian Bank Account, A savings account enables you to keep your money in a secure location while earning interest on it each month. Anytime one wants, he or she can add money to or take money out of this account. It can be accessed by anyone.
IB Bank Address Change Online
It is always a good habit for all customers to check the address specified in your passbook and maintain it up to date in your bank accounts because the address listed on your bank passbook or account statement serves as evidence of address. This will help you prevent any issues and communication gaps. If you already have a savings bank account with Indian Bank Account Account Account, you might need to update your address at some point.
Why Would You Change Your Bank Account’s Address? You must update your address to ensure that:
- You don’t miss any crucial correspondence the bank sends to your address.
- Addresses included in bank statements or passbooks are acceptable forms of address proof.
- Only at this address will banks deliver debit cards, PINs, chequebooks, and account statements.
The justifications for changing the address on an Indian bank account, In any of the following circumstances, you might want to modify or update your address in your account:
- Your mailing address has been updated.
- Your bank account still shows an old address.
- Your account’s entry for your address is inaccurate or lacking information.
- Your address is completely absent from your bank account.
- You might have moved to a new area.
- Your address is being displayed in place of someone else’s.
- Anything else
You might be curious to know how to update the address on your savings account with an Indian bank. You only need to follow a few simple steps to change your address in your account, which is quite simple.
How to Modify the Address on a Savings Account in an Indian Bank Account, The steps below must be followed if you have a savings account with an Indian bank account and want to know how to change the address on your account:
1, Go to your savings account’s home branch of the bank.
You must go to the account’s home branch with your proof of the new address.
2, Complete the KYC Information Change Form for Indian Bank Account Account Account (Change of Address Form).
Filling out a Change of Address Form is the initial step in changing your bank account’s address. The “KYC Details Change Form” is another name for this. Most banks have their standard form for changing KYC details.
You can obtain the Change of Address (KYC Information Change) Form from your Local branch or download it from the bank’s website. Fill it out completely. Following that, you must have it signed and turned in to the branch manager or officer in charge. Please be aware that everyone who holds a joint account with you must sign the account change of address form.
With this form, you must also include your previous address in addition to the present one. Remember to provide your phone number in this form.
3, Verify the information on the Change of Address Form by crossing it out.
You must double-check the information you entered on the address change form before submitting it. You must verify that you have correctly filled out the following fields:
- Bank Account Number
- Name of Account Holder/s
- Type of Account
- Old Address
- New Address (As per proof attached)
- Contact Number
This information must be verified in order for your bank to be able to change or update your address without any issues.
4, Attach Proof of New Address to Change of Address Form
All the holders of the account need to attach a copy of proof of new address to the Change of Address form. New Address Proof must be of the First Account Holder only. The account holders may also be asked to self attest it.
The banker checks the documentation you’ve submitted, and if everything checks out, he or she will approve your application. Your banker will handle the request after properly verifying the credentials.
To confirm that the address change has taken effect after that period, you can ask your banker how long it will take to update your address in your bank account.
5, Confirm the address is changed in your account
You must confirm that the address is changed in your account either through phone call or through visiting your branch
6, Get new address printed in your bank’s Passbook
You should get new address printed in your bank’s Passbook once it is updated in your bank account.
If you follow above steps, you would be able to change the address in your bank account in a hassle free manner.
Documents Used as a Proof of Address
- Voter’s Identity Card
- Driving Licence
- Telephone bill(latest)
- Bank account statement
- Letter from any recognized public authority
- Electricity bill (latest)
- Ration Card
- Letter from employer (subject to satisfaction of the bank)
- Other Bank pass books
- Self declaration by High Court & Supreme Court Judges giving the new address in respect of their own accounts
- Identity card/ Document with applicant’s photo, issued by:
- Central / State
- Statutory/ Regulatory authorities
- Public Sector undertakings
- Scheduled Commercial Bank
- Colleges affiliated to Universities (this can be treated as valid only till the time the applicant is a student)
- Professional bodies such as ICAI, ICWAI, ICSI & Bar Council etc to their members
Crucial Information on Address Changes in Indian Bank Accounts for Savings Accounts
- You must go to the bank location where you opened your account to alter your address on your savings account.
- Remember to bring the original paperwork so that the bank can verify them.
- The address on the Change of Address Form must match the address on the provided evidence exactly
- The Change of Address Form needs to be signed by each account holder.
- Even if it hasn’t changed, don’t forget to provide your contact information, like your mobile number.
- Don’t forget to make sure your account is affected by the address change.
- Print or update your bank passbook with your new address.
- Take a copy of the bank’s acknowledgement of your address change request.