Now that linking your PAN card and Aadhaar is required, you can process your income tax returns. If you conduct banking transactions worth more than Rs. 50,000, you must link your PAN card and Aadhaar card. The government has extended the deadline for doing so to June 2024, and there is a late fee of Rs. 1,000 that must be paid.
PAN Aadhaar Link
It is necessary to link your Aadhaar and PAN cards because otherwise, your income tax return will not be completed and you will be unable to do any financial transactions worth more than $50,000. What happens if you fail to connect your PAN card with your Aadhaar card, the necessity of linking your PAN card with your Aadhaar card, how to link your PAN card with your Aadhaar card when it expires, and other information are all discussed here. Learn more.
How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
- If it hasn’t been done earlier, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar by following these steps:
- Go to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in, the website for electronic tax filing.
- On the Home Page’s left side, click ‘Link Adhaar’.
- Type in the PAN card number.
- Type the number from your Aadhaar card.
- Enter your birthdate to log in.
- A pop-up window requesting that you link your PAN and Aadhaar will display.
- Click ‘Link Aadhaar’ under ‘Profile Settings’ in the navigation bar.
- Compare the PAN information displayed on the screen to what is listed in your Aadhaar.
- You must change one of the documents if your PAN card or Aadhaar card data are incorrect.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click “Link Now” if the information on your PAN card or Aadhaar card matches.
- If the linking of your PAN card or Aadhaar card was successful, a pop-up notification will let you know.
How to Check Aadhar Link Status with PAN
- Go to the Income Tax e-Filing Portal’s official website at https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal.
- On the homepage, select ‘Link Aadhaar Status’ from the left-side menu.
- Now fill up the new page with the PAN Card and Aadhaar Card numbers.
Click on View Aadhaar Link Status View Status in step four.
- An Al Ready PAN card will display the connection if PAN and Aadhaar are connected.
- A notice saying that PAN and Aadhaar are not connected will appear if they are not linked.