How to Put a Block on Your Standard Chartered Credit Card and Apply for a Replacement If you lose or have your credit card stolen, the most urgent solution is to get it blocked. By locking down your credit cards, you can protect yourself from any fraudulent activity that could take place on your account. It is essential to stay on top of the actions associated with your credit card so that you can file the necessary reports promptly. Standard Chartered Bank has supplied you with four options for blocking credit card access.
How to Block Standard Chartered Credit Card
There are a few different ways you can stop using your credit card from Standard Chartered Bank:
The bank makes it simple for consumers to put a block on their Standard Chartered credit cards by providing the necessary means. If you lose or have your credit card stolen, call your bank as soon as possible and get your card stopped by choosing one of the four options offered to you by Standard Chartered;
- Using NetBanking at Standard Chartered Bank
- Using the Standard Chartered Bank app for smartphones.
- By using the Standard Chartered Bank Phone Banking
- By stopping by a Standard Chartered Bank branch.
The quickest approach to freezing your credit card is to use online banking. You need to go through these three steps to put a hold on a credit card using your online banking account:
- To begin, navigate to the official website of Standard Chartered Bank and sign in to your internet banking account using the user ID and password associated with that account.
- Choose ‘Help & Services’ from the list of available options.
- Within the Card Management area, navigate to the ‘Report Lost/Stolen’ Card option, then adhere to the instructions on the screen.
You will be notified about the cancellation of your card by a pop-up window that will appear on your device’s screen, and a replacement card will be mailed to the address you have on file for receiving mail at the same time.
Application for Mobile Devices:
You will need to download the Standard Chartered mobile banking app and then proceed with the procedures described below:
- Launch the mobile banking app on your device, and log in to your account using the same credentials you use for your online banking account.
- Navigate to the Help & Services tab.
- To report a lost or stolen card, go to the section where you manage your cards and select the link that says “Report Lost/Stolen Card.”
- To prevent further use of your credit card, follow the on-screen instructions carefully.
When the bank has finished blocking your credit card, they will mail you a replacement credit card to your provided address.
The Use of Phone Banking:
Standard Chartered Bank has also offered its clients the option of phone banking so that they may record any questions or concerns they may have about their credit cards. If the cardholder has misplaced their credit card, they can contact their bank via phone banking to have their card temporarily disabled. Follow the instructions below after getting the bank’s number by calling their customer service line at the toll-free number 1800-345-1000 between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Give the toll-free number for customer service a call and authenticate your four-digit Telephone Identification Number by entering it when prompted to do so by the interactive voice response system (IVR).
- To ban your Standard Chartered Credit Card, you must follow the additional instructions supplied by the IVR.
Branche de la Banque Standard Chartered :
You may also request to block your credit card by going into the bank branch. Proceed in the manner detailed below;
- Pay a visit to the Standard Chartered Bank location that is most convenient to you and request a credit card block application from the teller.
- Complete the form and bring it to the appropriate bank location for processing.