Customers may get a free credit card from Punjab National Bank only by opening a savings account with them. This Credit Card is valid for usage at all POS (Point of Sale) terminals and all online merchants.
How to Block PNB Credit Card
To avoid copying your credit card information (through skimming) or falling into the hands of online criminals, you should take caution while using your credit card for any purchase, whether online or in a shop. PNB Credit Card Block is an option if you have lost your card or discovered unauthorized use.
Credit Cards Blocked at PNB
Suppose a PNB (Punjab National Bank) customer loses or has their card stolen or believes that fraudulent activity is occurring in their account. In that case, they should immediately contact the bank to deactivate their credit card.
Punjab National Bank’s customers can block their Credit Card by using online banking, SMS, or calling customer care.
Card cancellation via Internet banking
- To access your PNB online banking account, sign in.
- To enable ATM/debit card hotlisting, click “Value-added Service” and the appropriate option.
- Select Account Number’ from the menu.
- After selecting an account, you may view the associated card by clicking the “Continue” button.
- Choose the number on the card. Manually entering the card number under “Card Number” is an option if the number is not shown.
- After entering the IBS Transaction Password, choose the ‘Submit’ button.
- After successfully hotlisting a card, a confirmation message will appear right away.
Credit card cancellation through mobile app
- Here are the app’s card-blocking instructions:
- Access the PNB One app by entering your credentials.
- To add a credit card to your hotlist, go to the Payment Method page and select the Credit Card button.
- To hotlist a card, you must first access the associated account by selecting the associated account number from a drop-down menu.
- When you’re ready, select the “Continue” button.
- Select the number that corresponds with the card associated with the chosen account.
- Type in the transaction password and hit the “Continue” button.
- Remembering that a hotlisted credit card can never be unlisted is vital.
Putting a hold on the credit card via Customer Service
Contacting PNB’s credit card customer service hotline also allows you to hotlist or temporarily suspend your card.
You can phone the bank’s 24-hour toll-free hotline at 1800 180 2222, 1800 103 2222, or the paid helpline at 0120-2490000 to have your card temporarily disabled.
The aforementioned free phone numbers also work with the IVRS component. You may also use your registered mobile number to SMS 5607040 using the format HOT > space > card number, for example, HOT 5545620002358767.
Offline Credit Card Blocking
In addition, you can stop using your credit card by going to any Punjab National Bank location. You’ll need to provide your credit card information and identification papers. Get in touch with a bank representative for assistance in blocking the card.
You may use these methods to hotlist or cancel a stolen or lost credit card. If you lose or misplace your credit card, you must report it immediately to avoid fraud.